Friday, November 27, 2009

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

I'm now ready for that wonderful time of year (i can never bring myself to talk about Christmas until after Thanksgiving). So to start of the celebration I thought I would share with you a family favorite and very easy recipe! Oh! And it's very very very very YUMMY!

Oreo Peppermint Ice Cream Dessert

Ingredients:
1 package of Double Stuffed Oreos
1 stick of butter
1/2 gallon of Peppermint Ice Cream, softened

Directions:
1. crush the whole bag of oreos (i should warn you....it takes a few times to figure out what the best way to do this with the utensils in your kitchen). set a small handful of crumbs aside to sprinkle on top.
2. melt the butter and mix it well with the crushed oreos. firmly press the mixture into the bottom of a glass 13x9. Let it set for a few minuets.
3. spread the ice cream on top. cover and freeze
4. EAT IT!

I pray that you all enjoy this wonderful time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment