Monday, August 2, 2010

A Clean Home...dusting

A while back I wrote about making my own laundry detergent and how much satisfaction I felt from saving money on such a necessary household product.
Well, making my own laundry detergent has inspired me to find other ways to save money and use healthier products in my home! There are so many changes we've made...or are working on making that I can't wait to share with you!

Bryan has a horrible allergy to everything dust. I always knew this, but I didn't understand how bad it was until an allergy test a few months ago:

Poor guy!

So I made a PLEDGE to dust more. But honestly I don't like to dust...or clean. Plus the smell of dusting solutions...YUCK! So, in an effort to get more excited about dusting and hopefully help Bryan feel better in his own home I started making my own dusting solution!
How easy is this?!?
1 cup of white distilled vinegar (less then $2.00)
1/2-1 teaspoon of olive oil
a few drops of lemon juice

Shake it all together in a spray bottle and go to town!!! I have used this solution on wood, electronics, and on glass vases.
I really hope that you will consider the cost of cleaning your home and the ingredients that you're using, and encourage you to research alternative ways to keep your home A Clean Home!

No comments:

Post a Comment