Monday, October 24, 2011

Sewing Class

For the past 5 weeks I have been thrilled to be part of a sewing class at our church! Unfortunately my 7th grade Home Ec. skills are a bit rusty and I was having trouble tackling a few sewing projects that have caught my eye, so I jumped on the opportunity to join this class! It is offered for the women who live in the apartment complexes that surround our church. Many, if not most, of the families that live there are immigrants from around the world! I was the only student in the class that spoke English as a first language and the only one that did not speak Arabic (Most of the women in the class are from Morocco, Iran and Southern Sudan). This class provided a wonderful opportunity to not only learn some basic sewing skills, but to meet these beautiful women in the fellowship of learning! 

These are just a few pictures from our last class! I LOVE  the beautiful smiles!








No comments:

Post a Comment