Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A moral dilemma of cantaloupe proportions

OK... so it's not THAT big of a deal...but still...
Last night Bryan cut up a very yummy cantaloupe for us to eat...the rine is in the trash can...and it smells...bad. The problem is that the trash isn't even halfway full, so i feel guilty throwing it out. I've even restorted to walking around the house (with the air freshener) and looking for other things to throw away in hopes of making it a full (or atleast fuller) bag.
I know that wasting one garbage bag won't break the bank or anything like that, but I've gotten a bit better at not wasting things lately...and now I feel bad wasting...
In other news...
Bryan and I celebrated 1 month of marriage! We kinda celebrated over a 3 day period; saturday we spent the day at Maymount (oh...and the DMV) and then went out to dinner. Sunday we grilled some very good steaks and monday (the actual 1month mark) we...didn't do much of anything as we were both tired from busy mondays...but we enjoyed spending the evening together and got a good walk in before it got too dark.
Monday was my first day of work at the hospital (I have orientation throughout this week). I am very excited about this job because I commited to myself that I would try a new setting...and the hospital is definatly a new setting after almost 3 years at a nursing home! But I am still praying over this job. (I'm a bit scared! and I miss LeaAnn! )
Anyways...I must go make a decision about the cantoloupe...

3 comments:

  1. Jayme, sweetie, I understand and applaud your not wanting to be wasteful, however, it is okay to throw it out.

    For instances such as these, I usually allow myself to get about two plastic bags from the grocery store, (we use the "go green" reusalbe bags). We still have one child in diapers so those small plastic bags come in handy for dirty diapers that I do not want to leave in a 1/4 full trash can in order to not waste a trash bag.

    So this bit of advice helps for fruits that need to be cut from a rind as well. Go ahead my new friend, throw it out and keep the bugs away! LOL

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol....it was thrown out
    good idea about the bags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to say Hi...I have had some time to blog hop tonight and enjoyed reading yours.

    ReplyDelete