Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Xtreme Youth Alliance Minitries

WOW! Bryan and I just had a wake up call from God!
Tithing has been a ...not quite "hot"...let's say "warm" topic for us for awhile. As we've sorted out our budget and prayed over it God has worked out a few of the kinks, however, we have never felt God's direction as far as where to tithe to(to catch you up if you don't know: newly weds in a new city, we haven't found a church yet). Anyways, tithing was on my mind this morning...mostly reminding myself that we needed to talk about it again. This afternoon I jumped in the car to run to WalMart. I turned on the radio and the christian radio station that I listen to was holding a share-a-thon for the Student Hope Line.
For those of you that don't know about the Student Hope Line it is provided to students/teens to talk to a mature Christian adult and provides several resources through Bible studies, mentoring, and providing students/teens information to find Christian counselors in their area who will usually work with them for free. They also have a weekly national radio show that teens can call into. If you've ever listened to it you know that some of these kid's stories are heart breaking!
Anyways... I fumbled through my purse looking for my phone to call Bryan...and only found it (yes, I need to clean out my purse) when it rang because Bryan was calling me. We both said "Guess what!" I told Bryan about the share-a-thon, tithing, and remembering that last week he said he really wanted to give some of his time/tithing to a local youth group when we find a church! He was so excited!!! While neither of us have that dynamic teen attracting personality (does that make sense?), we both remember what it was like to be a teenager and what valuable resources we had and we are so excited to be able to support that same opportunity for teens today!
(oh! and the kicker! Bryan's good news was that he had just won a drawing through work for a grocery gift card! How wonderful is our God!?!)
Anyways...the point of this post isn't really to talk about our tithing, but to let you know about Student Hope Line and Xtreme Youth Alliance! We encourage you to check out their web site whether or not you are in a position to give. They have resources for parents and youth pastor as well as Bible studies.
Check them out: http://xtrlive.com/ and if nothing else, please cover their ministry in prayer.
Oh! P.s.~ Thank yoo for the blog award yesterday Lauren!

4 comments:

  1. Delighted to meet you! Found you via the award that you won. CONGRATS! on the award and stepping out in faith in the life of finances. It has been a beautiful ride, leading us into the mission field and watching God provide for everything. I'm going to keep coming back to splash around here.

    Blessings from Costa Rica,
    Sarah Dawn

    PS Love the music, how do you add that to a blog? I'm kinda a newbie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!
    It's nice to meet you too!
    What a awesome story you have! And we sorta have something in common (besides God!) You want to adopt children from Ethiopia! I've been there! Just for a week at the end of a mission trip in Malawi.
    The music is very easy to add to you blog...look at the bottom of my blog where the music thingy is (I don't know what it's called...a skin maybe)click on where it says "Create Free" and it will walk you through making a playlist and them give you a code to add to you blog with the play list on it! Good Luck!
    Have a Blessed day!
    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jayme! I'm going to try to add some music, we'll see how it goes, I'm not the most advanced (to say the least) on computers. And I would love to hear about your time in Ethiopia! We served in Kenya for a bit, but have yet to see Kenya. I think I will fall in love.

    Hugs from this missionary mommy,
    Sarah Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jayme! I "found" you by way of the comment you left on my blog. After doing a little bit of catch up on your blog, I see that you were in New Bern. This is intersting because I am in Pikeville, (Goldsboro)!

    I also find that you are in Richmond to be interesting because I was born in Portsmouth, Virginia but have family in Richmond!

    Thanks for the shopping tip. I've really got to do better and sticking to my budget.

    Looking forward to getting to know you more through blogging!

    smooches,
    Larie

    ReplyDelete